Wednesday, November 20, 2013

REPLY TO A PERSONAL

REPLY TO A PERSONAL

Dear Beautiful Soul,

I do solemnly swear
what you read is what you get.

Spineless as a jellyfish,
I take more shapes than water,
writhe like a python, have
more selves than the Trinity.

With nothing to hold onto
I clench my fists. Almost
down and out, I can't go back
or ahead. Struggling to stand
on my own two feet,
I constantly waver.

Because I refuse to pick up
the pieces of the past,
I can't map out a future.
With no promises to keep,
I don't know what I'm waiting for.

Too stiff-necked to hang my head,
I'm ashamed to hold it up.
When I plop it on a pillow,
I wrestle against myself,
dark angel I can't pin down.

The nightmare I wake up to
is crazier than my dreams.
As for love, it's a wag without a tale.

In an instant of letting go,
Dad and Mom misconceived.
Since they've tucked in their toes,
I've been trying to forgive them.
Dad bequeathed no mansions,
Mom can't intercede from the grave.

My days are strings of words
ending in Gordian knots.
Crooked my lines, my pages
ungathered, and the book
of me is unbound. Want me?


No comments:

Post a Comment