Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Time to Come Home

Time to Come Home
By
Steven M. Apa

[Short Man]        …once again; we told him to go and do something he didn’t want to do and he told the guy, “I’ll kill you”. 
[Tall Man]          No…
[Short Man]        See…
[Tall Man]          Nooo…
[Short Man]        There’s a zero tolerance.  I mean… I say he was mad.  He was upset.  They understand that.  he was mad.  He was… yah know.  It all came out… yah know… in the heat of the argument.  He goes…
[Tall Man]          You can’t have that…
[Short Man]        Zero tolerance,
[Tall Man]          You can’t have that…
[Short Man]        I’m driving down to Penn Station to pick him up.  It in Washington… it was just outside of Washington D.C. is where this place was.  I go to Penn Station to pick him up;… he was supposed to be in at 12:30. 
[Tall Man]          Yeah?!
[Short Man]        I’m wait’n; wait’n; wait’n; wait’n; wait’n; wait’n; wait’n; wait’n;… the train comes in… he don’t get off. 
[Tall Woman]     And he never got off?
[Short Man]        I called… I called the place.  I’m like… “How the fuck can you people put him on the damn train and not make sure he’s on it; or… how the fuck do you do this? And they said, “Well, we put him on the train,… we saw him get on the train.  There is nothing that I can tell you.  If he shows up here, we’ll let you know.”… this, that and the other.
[Short Man]        I’m calling; I called back home and told my wife… Dee, look, I don’t know where he is; I’m goin’ to hang around here for a little while.  She says, “Well look, when I came home, there were bags on the front porch.”  What do you “Fuckin mean there’s bags on the front porch? 
[Tall Man]          How’d they get there?
[Short Man]        Yeah, exactly,… how the hell did that happen?  He had one of his friends come and pick him up.
[Tall Man]          And drive him…
[Short Man]        And drive him home.  I thought you were goin’ to come here.  I already; We already spoken the night before sayin’ I was comin’.  So why the hell he would get somebody else,… Right?!  So,… I didn’t see him for two days. 
[Tall Man]          After he dropped the bags off?!
[Short Man]        Two Days!!  I said… and your bags stayed right on the front porch.  And when he did call...  I said, “Your shits right on the front porch.  You can go back to where ever the hell you were before. Your shits right here”  That would be it.
[Tall Man]          Come on man?.... Come on?.... Come on?...
[Short Man]        I got him a job.  He was play’n football and he wanted some money.  I get him a job at the corner gas station.  Where I had worked… Right!?  Work’n there; work’n there; work’n there; I go in one afternoon to get some gas and the guy says, “I had to let him go.”  “What do yah me let him go!?  He’s been leaving the house for the last three days say’n he’s coming to work!  What do ya mean
We found some stuff missing so we had to let him go.  So I said, “What was miss’n?” 
[Tall Man]          I can’t have that.
[Short Man]        Yeah, I can’t have that.  Damn.  Everybody; everybody sticks there neck out for you and all you do is shaft them. 
[Tall Man]          Yeah?!


No comments:

Post a Comment